We just got back from Anaheim, California where we went to VidCon along with thirty thousand other people. It was so much fun. My oldest one first talked about going because she wanted to meet the jambassadors from Animal Jam. She managed to get all their signatures as well as the (partial) owner of the company as well.
While I have a ton of articles to write (about twenty, to be exact) I felt this was the first one to start with because who doesn’t want tips?
I’ll be honest- part of this is a reminder for me next year!
Drummmm rollll please:
- Bring a BIG coffee mug. Most hotels nearby will have free coffee and if you have a creator badge there is a coffee station in the lounge. You are going to need it.
- Stay at the Hilton if you can. We are opting for Hilton’s sister hotel next door- Embassy Suites. Reason one is because they have breakfast and two they have spacious rooms. The benefit of being at the Hilton or a sister hotel is the proximity to the convention center. If we want to take our swag back to our room or catch a break between day and night activities it’s much easier.
- Go to the booths you really want to hit up first- the lines are shorter earlier in the morning.
- Don’t wait in line. If you get there at 9:20 you can get in the door without thinking about it. If you get there at seven, you are going to sit for two hours just to be the first one in the door. I promise you, it’s not worth it!
- Bring portable chargers with you. This allows you to keep running around while you’re charging your phone up versus being stuck at a charging station while everyone else is having fun.
- If you have a video camera that takes SD cards be sure to bring plenty of those as well!
- Next up- bring extra money in case you want to purchase something. There are a lot of booths that have stuff for sale. We purchased from the VidCon booth and Animal Jam booth.
- Bring a sweater. Los Angeles is near the ocean (in case you didn’t know that) and the weather is chilly- especially in the morning!
- Don’t be a goober like me- bring your computer. There is a good chance you’ll want to write/vlog about your adventures as it’s happening!
Those are my tips for the day. Hope you enjoy!