Being able to learn on vacation makes it a bit more fun for me and my family.
We spent an hour or so learning about Two Guns, Arizona after we left the first time.
Roswell, New Mexico has been entitled “America’s most famous brush with Aliens”.
For those of you who are in the blue about Roswell, like I was, many people out there believes it is a US Government cover up.
The UFO museum, and I, want you to decide for yourself. Here are the details:
- On July 7, 1947 William Brazel found a weird substance at his house. So he drove the seventy-five miles south to Roswell in order to tell the Sheriff. The Sheriff took this information to the United States Army Airforce (a precursor to the airforce).
- On July 8, 1947 First Lieutenant Walter Hunt told the media that they had found a “flying disk” on the site at Brazel’s ranch.
- The next day, General Roger Ramey changed the tune for the government, stating it was a weather balloon with the code name Project Mogul.
- Later, in the 1990s, the government released the paperwork from Project Mogul where they talked about anthropomorphic test dummies. This caused more people to believe in the conspiracy theory.
- Several people talked about an item that looked like aluminum foil. When crumpled and dropped though, it would straighten out. According to one witness, it didn’t have any texture and felt like air.
- My favorite part of the tour was the talk of the nurse: Glenn Dennis was asked to bring in three child sized caskets. When he started asking around, a nurse met with him at a bar and described the aliens to him, stating that they were alive. The next day, she had left Roswell and the government told him she had died on a plane headed for England.
- According to one source, she might have still lived in Roswell and Dennis did as he promised and never told her name.
No matter what, we do know that SOMETHING happened that day and the days to follow in Roswell. It was fun to see and learn! Besides- how can you resist this alien face?