Spring break Day Four: We’re out of the sickness and I have created a ton of content. Plus I still have more up my sleeves.
It is so fun to be back in create mode. One of my ideas is a craft idea. The original source said to use a water balloon that has chocolate candy stuffed in it. Nevaeh wants to put tiny ducks in the balloons; needless to say, we have to buy bigger balloons.
Oh, and we’ll have to keep the water balloons. Darn.
Side Note: It’s going to be 80 on Friday in Dallas.
Anyways, she is so excited about this craft though and it has been a long time since we’ve been excited about a craft together. This is why I gave up the guaranteed money of the other blog.
Back to the sauce.
Sadly, I thought most people bought homemade spaghetti sauce since that’s how I have always seen it done.
After I found out that this isn’t unusual, I thought “why not give it a whirl?”
Here’s what I came up with:
First off I want to say that that San Marzanos Tomatoes are the best. They were recommended to me by a good friend and I am recommending them to you. Unless you have home grown, these are the next best thing!
Okay, so now that the ingredients are gathered, you need to:
Crush the Tomatoes
You can crush them up by chopping or if you like it smoother blend the tomatoes. Then,
Heat Oil, Saute Onions
Do this over medium heat. Once the onions are more translucent, add in:
I add in the sauce ingredients first, and once they are good and simmered (about twenty minutes), I heat up the hamburger meat as well.
Let It Simmer While You Boil the Noodles and Enjoy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1- 28 oz. can peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Hamburger Meat (if desired)
- Crush tomatoes if whole. If you desire smoother spaghetti sauce, blend it.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onions.
- Once clear, add in the remaining ingredients, minus the hamburger meat. Bring to a boil and let simmer for about twenty minutes.
- When the twenty minutes are over, boil your noodles and add the hamburger meat to the sauce if you desire meat sauce.
- Once your noodles are soft, your meat should be fully cooked.
- Serve and enjoy!