I feel like most of my summer posts are travel related and my winter posts are food related. I’m going to try to change that in my upcoming new and improved Coffee, Love, Travel.
I’m doing this in part by separating my posts to be more even but also by traveling more during the year and cooking more in the summer. It’s a balancing act, as is most of life, right?
This post is a work in progress. My oldest daughter loves her Mimi’s sausage bread. Mom likes it because of the ease to make it. The only problem is she can no longer purchase frozen bread dough from… anywhere to be honest. No Walmart sells it within two hundred miles of where she lives.
Therefore we are working to come up with a modified version. Today we attempted it with canned biscuits. I thought it was good but she says it’s still not quite as good as Mimi’s. Maybe it’s because I made it, maybe it’s because of the biscuits versus the dough. Either way, we’re going to keep working on it.
Here’s a picture of the results and the recipe to follow:
And here’s a picture of the inside:
Are you drooling yet? Here’s the recipe!
- Canned biscuits (8 in a package)
- 1/2 lb. sausage
- Cheddar Cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375, Grease your bread pan.
- Cook sausage
- Roll out half the canned biscuits, place in bread pan. Add cooked sausage over top, then cheese. Add remaining biscuits to top and pinch together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it no longer comes out doughy when placed with a fork.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy!