When I was coming up with our lunches for the week, I asked if the girls wanted macaroni and cheese for lunch one day. They said yes, of course.
The way I do it is if we make a meat heavy breakfast (omelette, for example) then I will do a no-meat lunch.
Anyways, when I asked, Bre said “We should do Nevaeh’s awesome macaroni and cheese”. I was already looking up some ideas when I stumbled upon a baked recipe. I asked Nevaeh what all her recipe had in it and she said, in true kid fashion, “I dunno… Sour cream”. Well, child, I was already looking at a sour cream baked mac -n- cheese recipe so there ya go!
Here is what we came up with. Hope you enjoy the melt in your mouth-ness of Nevaeh’s macaroni and cheese.
Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Once your noodles are boiled to soft, drain and place in the container you are putting in the oven. Add a bag of cheddar cheese and three tablespoons of butter to the noodles.
Next, add 1/2 cup sour cream, three eggs, 2 tbsp. flour, and 1 cup milk together. Stir until combined, then add to the noodle mixture and mix even better than before. It should look like this before going in the oven:
Cook for 37 minutes and it will turn out like this once you dish it:
- 1/2 bag elbow noodles
- 1 (12 oz) bag cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil noodles. Once soft, drain and place into baking dish. Add cheddar cheese and butter.
- In a separate bowl, add the remaining ingredients, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour sour cream mixture into noodle mix and combine well. Place in oven for 37 minutes (give or take).
- Once done, let cool slightly and enjoy!