I can’t believe it’s the Friday after spring break already. I have been eagerly anticipating this day for a while!
I love weekends where we get away from it all and tomorrow morning we are leaving for Austin, Texas so the hubs can go to a Chop class.
Not the cooking kind, the car kind.
This is an example of a car that has been chopped. See how low the roof is? That is what he’s learning.
The girls and I will be shopping and exploring the great capital of our state. My agenda includes:
- Picnik Austin
- and Hamilton Pool
Don’t worry- I will be sure to post all the great stuff we do in the next couple of weeks.
This was created using my mom’s Ninja maker. I adore Starbucks’ Iced Cinnamon Almondmilk Macchiato. It is one of the few coffee drinks that HAS to be iced though, I don’t like it warm.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Put Caramel Syrup in the Cup.
I make sure the bottom is covered and then drizzle the cup.
Hey, we go for cuteness too!
2. Make the coffee
You only need 8 oz. so 2 tbsp. of coffee and a dash of cinnamon in the top will be enough.
For the Ninja, I made mine on normal sized setting (not XL) and pushed the iced coffee button.
***Be sure you’re drip is on!***
3. Foam the almondmilk
I love the wand. It’s not quite an espresso machine wand, more like a small immersion blender but that’s okay- for this it does the trick.
The foam will fade quick since you are using almond milk and not full-fat whole milk or whipping cream. That’s okay. I just like the foam for the caramel drizzle on top. Again, all about the prettiness.
4. Stir, Add almondmilk and drizzle
I don’t know why I didn’t get a picture of the cup itself but it looks just like the drink you would get at starbucks and tastes just as great!
- caramel drizzle (I used Torani brand)
- 2 tbsp. coffee grind of choice
- dash of cinnamon
- 8 oz. filtered water
- 4 oz. almondmilk (or more if that's what you prefer)
- Drizzle caramel in a traditional cup, covering bottom and pretty drizzle around the sides. Add ice.
- Put coffee grinds and cinnamon in the filter, brew filtered water as your Ninja directs you (I chose regular size, iced coffee, drip on).
- While the coffee is brewing, blend your almondmilk.
- Add almond milk to coffee, stir. Top with caramel drizzle, if desired.