Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie is a staple in my house. It dates back to probably 2008 or so. I know because in 2009, the city bus driver who was a former chef and I went hunting for the recipe. I had lost it and could only describe it as a “Pecan Pie with Chocolate Chips”. Seems simple enough but it has another name. Sometimes made with walnuts and I am sure we don’t have the “real recipe” but his copied article called it a Kentucky Derby Pie.
In our house, this is more requested than Pumpkin Pie. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 1/4 Cup Pecans
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 cup ap flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine everything except for chocolate chips pecans and pie crust. Once it's good and mixed, fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour into pie crust
- Bake for about an hour, or until a tooth pick comes out clean