I secretly enjoy when my daughter has to go to the neurologist.
For one, she is a very nice, very thorough doctor. The best we have had since Bre was diagnosed with cerebral palsy at eighteen months.
Another reason, though, is because there are so many fun places at Children’s Medical Dallas to check out.
Such as the train area:
Or the sky room complete with shooting stars.
Then there was that time she came home with a new blanket because she had to have blood drawn.
Honestly though, the part momma loves the most is White Rock Coffee.
There was a while when she would have meetings with the neurological therapist and I got to sneak away and have a “date” with Nevaeh.
The last time, we ordered a chocolate chip cookie stuffed with an Oreo.
Now I love Oreo recipes and I love chocolate chip cookies but I was still hesitant because I don’t like the crunchiness of the Oreos. I feared that the full Oreo would be crunchy.
Surprisingly it tasted great! The baking of the cookie softened the oreos to make a sweet, icing treat.
Try them for yourself, you won’t regret it.
- 2 sticks softened butter, softened
- 3/4 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag thin Oreos
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine sugars and butter together. Add in eggs, one at a time then add in vanilla.
- Half a cup at a time, add in flour then the teaspoon of baking soda.
- Once well incorporated, add chocolate chips.
- Grab a handful of the cookie dough and form a ball around the Oreos.
- Place on a parchment paper lined pan and place in the oven for about 13 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate: http://picky-palate.com/oreo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/