So it’s down to the wire with who is playing in the Superbowl. Although I am aware that the Los Angeles Rams are not going to be in the final round, I guess I will root for the Dallas Cowboys.
I like the underdogs.
And… I like the snacks that come along with the Superbowl. What better Superbowl food than fried cheese sticks?
These ooey-gooey babies string as far as the hand can stretch and the melting cheese in your mouth just makes it perfect for fun nights like the Superbowl. Add in a fruit tray, wings, pizza, and some brownies and I’m good to go.
Maybe that is not your cup of tea though…
Well, I have many friends here to help you out! We are not affiliated with the NFL but just enjoy some good ol’ football and (obviously) great food.
If Cheese Sticks is what you desire, here is your recipe
- 12 cheese sticks, cut in half
- 2 eggs mixed with 1/4 cup water, beaten well
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Peanut oil
- Fill peanut oil to a good line, set to medium high.
- Combine cheese sticks with egg mixture, shake well.
- Then add to Italian Bread crumbs mixture, shake well.
- Once peanut oil is at 375 degrees, place into oil for one minute. Pull out and let drain on paper towel.
- Let cool and enjoy!