Christmas will be here before we know it.
Typically, I start thinking about that after Nevaeh’s birthday but I love making this craft so much I just had to share it now.
If you’ve never been to Lush, I highly recommend it. There stuff is amazing.
I thought it would be fun for the girls and I to see if we could make some of their products ourselves. This bubble bar was the first that turned out… next up is bath bombs!
Making bubble bars is fairly easy, here’s what you have to do:
First, gather your ingredients (and no, you don’t need the yeti).
For this particular recipe I used:
- 1 cup SLSA
- 1 cup Baking Soda
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup glycerine
- 1 tbsp. oil
- a couple of drops of essential oil (Veah chose peppermint)
- and a couple of drops of food coloring. I bought some coloring specific for soap making because it had a luster to it. You don’t have to, regular food coloring is fine.
The details are below:
- Combine your dry ingredients in one bowl. *** With the SLSA, pour it in slowly. This is very finely ground and will cause you to cough if you don’t do it properly. Some people even recommend masks!
- Do the same with wet ingredients
- Combine, mixing well. The consistency is similar to sand, this is okay. DO NOT ADD MORE WATER!
- Add in food coloring and essential oil here.
- You have two choices from here: Roll it out and then up into a tube, cutting it into slices after 24 hours (or longer) or put into cute containers like seen below. Either way, pack it in tight.
- Let stand 24 hours up to several days until dry. Enjoy within a few weeks as these are real ingredients and it will mold!